PsP-Dev has done it they’ve released a launcher to run homebrew code on the North American (v1.50) PSP.
To use the PsP-Dev loader you need the following
- A v1.50 PSP (will not work on 1.51 or 1.52)
- Two memory sticks
- The PsP-Dev MS Swap Tool (Download HERE)
Read on for a full how-to
Now you must run any homebrew code through the MS Swap Tool before it can be used on your v1.50 PSP. So here’s the lowdown
1. Launch the MS Swap Tool
2. Load the Homebrew app you want to run
3. Select a directory to save the results to
4. Click “Generate Files”
5. Browse to the directory you selected in step 3
6. Youll find 2 folders here MS1 and MS2
7. Copy all the info in the MS1 folder to a new folder on your first memory stick under \PSP\GAMES\ (ex. \PSP\GAMES\NESEMU\)
8. Copy all the info in the MS2 folder to a new folder on your second memory stick under \PSP\GAMES\ (ex. \PSP\GAMES\NESEMU\) note this folder should be the same as the one on the first Memory Stick.
Now your all prepared and ready to Launch your homebrew App. Here’s how that’s done.
1. If you have a UMD in the PSP remove it now.
2. Place the first Memory Stick in the PSP.
3. Go to the GAME->MemoryStick menu and highlight the Launcher icon for the App you want to run.
Now here’s the hard part (WARNING THIS MAY DAMAGE YOUR MEMORY STICK AND/OR YOUR PSP PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK)
4. Press the X button to launch your App. As soon as the button has been pressed very quickly swap out your first memory stick for the second one.
If this was all done correctly your App should now be running.